Coconut Prawns with Glass Noodles

29 August 2014

This is an amazing recipe I made this evening from the Clean and Lean Diet Cookbook, a definite buy for anyone wanting to eat really healthy food. Anyone that knows me well enough knows that I absolutely love cooking and I love to experiment with new recipes and make them my own. Obviously this blog is all about losing weight and eating a healthy diet so I thought this was a perfect recipe to share, and definitely one of the best dishes I’ve cooked in a long time!

As it says on the recipe page, top tip: ginger is good for your digestive health and can help your body to break down fatty foods.

Recipe:
(Serves 4)

Ingredients:
20 tiger prawns, raw and unpeeled
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
5cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 red chilli, finely sliced
50g creamed coconut
3 tbsp of soy sauce
250g glass rice noodles
A bunch of coriander, to garnish
1 lime, quartered, to garnish

Method:
  1. Rinse the tiger prawns under cold water
  2. In a wok, heat the oil and gently fry the garlic, ginger and chilli, until well softened. Add the creamed coconut and 120ml boiling water. The sauce should be of a thick consistency. Simmer for approximately 5 minutes; do not allow to boil.
  3. Add the prawns and continue to cook until they have turned pink.
  4. Add the soy sauce and taste. Add more of both if needed to adjust the flavour.
  5. Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the packet instructions.
  6. Serves the prawns over noodles, sprinkled with coriander and a wedge of lime on the side.

This is my own take on the recipe, being at home meant I was able to use tiger prawns as they are quite expensive, if I was still at uni I would adapt it to what I was able to afford!! Also the original recipe used a green chilli but I decided to use a red chilli, which gave it a good kick.


Curry in the making!


The final dish!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric