Apple and Blackberry Crumble

26 October 2014



I've had these ingredients just sat around for a while and I love to have blackberries in a crumble! This is such a great dessert for this time of year!

Ingredients:
Filling -
4 apples
1 tbsp water
3 tbsp sugar
225g blackberries
Crumble Top –
170g plain flour
75g butter
75g sugar

Method:
Preheat the oven to 180C. Put the apple chunks, water and sugar into a saucepan over a low heat and cook until the apples are soft, for roughly 10 minutes. Stir every so often so that it doesn’t stick. Taste and add sugar to see if it needs more.





Transfer the apples to a dish and add in the blackberries.


How cute are these ramekins my mum gave me?

I used my mums homegrown blackberries! And she just happened to have a few raspberries so I thought I would add them in too!

To make the crumble top, rub the butter into the flour to resemble breadcrumbs and add the sugar.





Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the filling mixture and cook in the oven for 30 – 45 minutes for larger crumbles and around 15 minutes for smaller, individual crumbles.

Serve with ice cream or cream!


It was delicious if I may say so myself!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric