London Eye September 2014

22 September 2014

On Sunday I went on a tourist day into central London with Sarah. We hopped on the train to Waterloo and walked down to South Bank to get on the London Eye. First of all you get some photos taken in front of a green screen and they come out as if you are sitting on the London Eye. Pretty awesome! Then you see a 4D show which is a prelude to going on it and it lasted roughly 5 minutes. I thought it was great! You get to see what it is like during the day and night and you see it all from a bird’s point of view, I guess the point of going round the London Eye! Sarah really hates Ferris Wheels so she was quite nervous but wanted to conquer her fear, but this scared her!


We checked out our photos after then headed to get on the London Eye. We had fast track tickets straight away.

The pods are quite big and you can walk all around the edge and there is a bench in the middle. It took just under half an hour to go all the way around, it goes a lot quicker than you would think but you don’t feel it at all.






The views were great, you got to see up and down the Thames and see Big Ben and Westminster Abbey. I was slightly disappointed, I thought you would have been able to see a lot more and more London landmarks, but the view of Big Ben is one I will never forget.



It was a truly great experience and I’m so glad that I was able to tick it off my bucket list.

Sarah also did it! I’m not sure if she loved it as much as I did but we’re both proud of her for actually doing it!



I definitely want to go on it again during the evening; I can imagine it being so pretty all lit up!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric