Getting Back Into Cooking

7 October 2014

So for a few weeks I was very conscious of the fact that I wasn’t cooking, I would just grab the quickest thing I could find instead of putting a bit of thought into what I should be eating, what I had already eaten that day or even that week and choosing my meals based on that.

I have already noticed this week that I have really changed the way that I think about what I should be eating. I’m really making sure that I get the vegetables I should, and the fruit as well which I have been eating as a snack. There is something about clementines and similar fruit that should be eaten just at autumn and Christmas, maybe that’s when they are in season? I don’t know, either way I know that I will be regularly buying these fruits in the build up to Christmas to make sure that I get all of the vitamin C that I should be.

Now you all know how much I love cooking and I always have the freezer stocked up with all kinds of food so I am now using what I’ve got and making up recipes with the ingredients that I have, so that I am not spending money which I don’t have!

I start work again in a couple of weeks, in a retail store and I know that this is going to be quite a hard job over Christmas and I need to be able to keep my energy levels up and also not get ill at Christmas! I’m already thinking about the meals that I can make while being in my budget and also things that are quick and easy after a long day at work. As well I need to consider what to have for my lunch so that I don’t go out to Marks and Spencer and spend nearly £5 a day, I know I can make myself a better lunch than that ;)


I’ll come back in a couple of weeks and show you the ideas that I have been making myself. If you have any good ideas that I can use then please send them my way!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric