Salmon and Leek Parcels

5 June 2014

I just can’t stop cooking! So it would be quite rude of me if I weren’t to share these great recipes with you all. I was a bit apprehensive about this recipe with the odd combination of spices and herbs but you’d be surprised at how well they work together. I’ve always been more of a savoury person than a sweet person even though I absolutely love baking; I never eat what I make! However, I’m all into trying new things right now so I’m going to look into finding some healthy alternatives to satisfy your sweet tooth, so stay tuned!!

Ingredients:
2 medium leeks, trimmed
4 salmon fillets, skinned
6 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp chopped coriander
1 tsp medium hot curry powder
2 tbsp lemon juice
4 – 6 stems of vine cherry tomatoes

Method:
Thinly slice the leeks, place in a sieve and rinse under cold water. Drain well.
Grease foil lightly with a little oil, and divide the leeks, placing in the centre of the foil. Scatter half of the coriander over. Place a salmon fillet on top and season.
Mix together the remaining oil, curry powder and lemon juice and pour some over each fillet. Seal the packages.
Het the oven to 200c, place the parcels on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, put the cherry tomatoes into a small roasting tin, drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 12 minutes.
Scatter the remaining chopped coriander over the fish and serve with tomatoes.


When I was roasting the tomatoes, I also seasoned them with garlic salt which tasted amazing and I also served it with a small portion of rice but its not necessary if you want a smaller meal!


Design by | SweetElectric